December 27, 2010

Growing in the Lord

Recently in my Growth Group we were discussing different ways we have seen spiritual growth in our children. I shared the following story and wanted to make sure I blogged about it. Anthony's dad and my grandmother have both been in the hospital twice recently for several things including heart problems. We have been praying for both of them with Ava. My mom was driving with Ava in the back seat when Ava told my mom that Naunie was in the hospital for her heart. My mom heard Ava say the following "Will you play with me?" My mom responded "Will I play with you?" Ava replied, "No, will you pray with me?" Of course my mom joyfully said yes while Ava lead the pray for Jesus to help her heart and to get out of the hospital.
WOW! Typically she prays with me suggesting things like this to pray for. However, she did this on her own! She had the prayer request in her heart and lifted it up! WOW!!

Well tonight this was Ava's prayer:
"Dear Lord, Jesus, thank you for my momma. She is so nice. She lets me eat things and lets me play. Lord, please help me poo poo in the potty so I can get the poo poo bugs out of me. Help me learn to do this and not be scared. In your name Lord. A-Men."

This is the first time that she has asked for His help without me prompting. Again, I say WOW! I have seen her pray in gratitude and to help her obey (with my prompting).

There is not greater responsibility or privilege than to watch your child's relationship with Christ bloom. No matter how big or small, the process is so wonderful. So pure and innocent. There is no pretense.

"Unless you turn and become like little children, you will never inherit the kingdom of of heaven" Matthew 18:4.

2 comments:

  1. oh this is a precious post!! most precious prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little lady! It's all because she has 2 wonderful parents that are modeling Christ for her in their lives!

    ReplyDelete