December 11, 2010

5K Extreme

I ran my first 5K today! The 5K was a run for a boy name Blaine who went to heaven after suffering a head injury from a ski accident. His family donated his organs, so I thought this would be perfect for me to support as I am an organ recipient. The website stated "some cross country terrain." I thought, okay, we will be running on the grass.....um, I thought wrong. This was similar to mountain biking, except you were running. Running up and down hills, through the woods in uneven terrain. Anthony was running this with the girls in the running stroller. Not exactly what I had in mind. 1/2 mile into it, my heart was pumping and lungs were working overtime. Anthony and I had to stop as Aubrey was crying. I think after 2 1/2 miles of shaking, she had enough. Anthony pushed Ava, and I walked with Aubrey. We put Aubrey back in the stoller and ran the last 1/4 mile. I hated that we had to stop, but babies come first! We did complete the race because Diesch's aren't quitters!
I know that I can run it, because I can run 4 miles non-stop several times. We will do another one, but look for something without "cross country terrain."

Here are the pics from my first 5K or extreme running!



Bundled up before the race. A cold front was coming in and it was chilly! Notice Ava's running head band. She wanted to look like mommy!


Race is over, and layers are off!
Family protrait after a long hard run!

No comments:

Post a Comment