October 5, 2010

Look who is 11 months old!

I can't believe that our "baby" will be one next month. I know I say something like this every month, but time just flies by too quickly. Things we love about our sweet Sunshine:
  • You always know when she is ready to go to sleep because she puts both of her hands behind her ears (sometimes holding them). It is the classic Aubrey "I'm ready for bed" pose.
  •  She loves to sleep on her stomach, butt in the air with no blanket.
  • She gags on food with too much texture (ie: things with pasta in them).
  • She loves to giggle when you turn her upside down.
  • No one can make her laugh as much as her sister can. Well, when Ronix fetches she laughs hysterically at that, too!
  • Aubrey will often grab my hands and move them around. She will make my hands clap and gets such a kick out of it. She moves my hands like they are her puppet!
  • She is quite the mamma's girl. I treasure this so much as I know this will end when she decides that daddy holds the key to her heart as well as anything she wants.
  • She loves to ride in wagons, strollers and bike trailers.
  • Exploring is her favorite thing to do. She also is very into pulling anything out of a bucket. For instance clothes I just folded, diapers out of her diaper bin, etc......
  • She is still not talking much, but she sure does smile and giggle all of the time. She also will make loud noises to compete with Ava when Ava is making loud sounds.
  • She is transferring from couch to table and will stand by herself for a couple of seconds.
  • She is in 12 month clothes....and if I were buying something for her I would by 12-18 months. Ava wore 12-18 months around 24 months. So funny!
  • Aubrey can find the smallest spec of dirt or debris on your floor. Loose a diamond and I guarantee she will find it (and maybe eat it!)
  • She loves daddy's ring. She always touches it first with her index finger and then puts in her mouth. She follows this sequence to a tee!
  • When you tell her "no, no" she stops and looks at you and puts her index finger to her mouth. Then she proceeds to do whatever we were saying "no, no" to again!
  • When she decides she is done with her bottle or cup she proceeds to chunk it across the room. It's as if she is saying "I'm done with that."
  • She has such a sweet, joyful and gentle spirit about her.  Her laugh is infectious and her entire face lights up with every smile. Again, she reminds us of pure sunshine....she warms your heart and your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment