February 4, 2010

Snug as a Bug in a Rug!

I learned today that you can compile all of your blogs into an awesome book. I am not a scrapbook, artistic type, so when I heard this I was super excited! I have often regretted that I have not written down all of my special memories of Ava growing up. I can't turn back the hands of time, but I can start now and capture as much as I can.

I love the bedtime routine with Ava! Lets start with the P.J.'s. Ava picked all by herself her very first pair of P.J's! And it was the first time we bought 3T. My baby is getting big! Of course, she picked these over the ones that said "I love mommy", but who can blame her? These have a super cute panda on it and Ava is all about animals.

Next is the teeth brushing. Basically, I brush her teeth and she plays with the water! Getting her to keep her eyes open during a picture is an act of God or a good bribe! She's not so much into the picture taking!







 


Then she tucks her stuffed animal on her chair in saying "Snug as a bug in a rug." This is our nightly saying!

We can't go to bed without storytime. Typically me or daddy reads the story but Ava is a toddler, so now she is really into reading us the book.  And boy does she have an imagination! Lastly, we pray.....sometimes we are serious and sometimes we are just plain silly (like tonight)!

And the night would not be complete without smiles from baby sister Aubrey! Seriously, is there anything sweeter than those first smiles? Daddy can elicit the best ones!

3 comments:

  1. So excited to follow your blog! Ava and Aubrey are precious! You probably noticed you had a missed call last night - it was Mia trying to call you (lol)...so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoohoooo..........so excited to follow your sweet family through your blog!! love your first post!! good job girl!! and your girls are oh so very very precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have a blog!! Ava & Aubrey are beautiful little girls!

    ReplyDelete