February 15, 2010

10 years ago today......

Today is a fantastic day! 10 years ago today, my uncle Donny donated his kidney to me. After 10 years of chronic kidney failure, my life truly changed with my kidney transplant. I always knew God had a plan for me, but His plan was much more wonderful than I could ever imagine.

Today I woke up rested and not in a hospital bed. I went to work to a job I love. I ate lunch without stomach pains or nausea. I came home and my legs didn't scream in pain.  I hugged my wonderful husband standing strong and healthy. I played and cared for my sweet babies without fatigue. I was able to birth two children when I thought I would not have any. I was awake more than I was asleep. Tonight I will lay down my head without worry of dialysis. 

I didn't do anything extraordinary today. But, that is exactly the point. Today I simply lived. It is my favorite thing to do! It is the act of living that reminds me each day of what a wonderful maker we serve. He didn't promise me health, but he has gifted it to me through my uncle. And I am forever grateful for all the blessings that health brings about. These last 10 years have given me more blessings than I could ever dream up or possibly deserve. It is so very hard to wrap my head around a God who loves me like that. He owes me nothing, but he has given me everything!

"Do not be anxious in anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philipians 4:6-7.

My soul understands this verse so very much and I know the peace that it promises. If my kidney failed tomorrow, I know God has a plan much more wonderful than I have for myself. I do not worry, for I am His child and He is my Perfect Father.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful testimony and encouragement for others!! So glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything Haley said! A great reminder of what a great gift we have just in being able to live life! So glad you were blessed with that kidney 10 years ago and that you're still going strong today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh amber...........what an amazing story!! so blessed to call you friend!!

    ReplyDelete