May 18, 2010

The Sunshine State

I recently took a small trip to Florida for a 3 day conference for work with my girl Cindy. This is the very first time I have ever left the kiddos while Anthony took care of them. Can you say weird? It was so odd going to bed without giving baths, feeding little ones, and bedtime stories. I got up in the morning, did not have to prepare any meals, worked out, went to the pool and even had a massage. It was like a mini vacation even though we were at conference learning about the best practices of patient safety across the nation. Dr. Sutker, Cindy and I took a trip to downtown Disney to get goodies for our kiddos and grandkids. I was so excited because I have never been! Disney was for rich people in my eyes, and growing up, we were not rich!  I couldn't help but think how I could not wait to take our sweet girls there with Anthony. Every turn, I was thinking how much Ava would love this and that. This is the only picture that I took the entire trip. It is me and Cin in downtown Disney. Funny how when it comes to your kids you take a million pictures, but when it is something for you, you take ONE!
When I got home, I told Ava that I went to Mickey's house and he asked me to give her this toy......several Disney characters that she could play with! She was so excited and kept asking me if one day we could go to Mickey's house! Aubrey got a cute Minnie Mouse onesie with a tutu on it that says "Twinkle Toes".  It was fun getting away, but I LOVE coming home to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment