About two hours after putting Ava to bed, I heard sobs outside my bedroom door. "Momma", "Momma." I ran out to see what was wrong. "There's a bug!", Ava exclaimed as she pointed to a beetle on the ground with her stopped up nose voice. I gave her hug and asked her if she was okay. "I don't feel good, momma." "Do you want to sleep with me in my bed?" "YES" she stated emphatically as she gave me a hug.
I knew she had been under the weather with a cold. Both of my girls were. After an hour of tossing and turning and wanting to look at the pictures on my duvet comforter as I made up stories, I decided that we really need to go to bed. After all, I had to get to work in the morning. So I closed my eyes and began to lightly stroke her face, eyebrows and hair just as my my mom used to do with me. Then I felt the sweetest feeling. The smallest, softest hands were ever so gently stroking my face, eyebrows and hair.
Thank you Lord for this moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment