February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day!

When you are small, it is the little things that count. For Valentines, I really tried to think of what Ava and Aubrey would love. I purchased some cute Valentine's place mats, plates, bowls and cups at Target. Ava was going to school on Valentines, so I set everything out the night before. We also purchased a frame for Ava to put a picture of Bay in and put in her room. She talks about how much she misses him all of the time. I surprised them with heart shaped french toast and chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate milk to drink! They each got one candy (M&Ms) and we got them Lady and the tramp. Ava had seen the previews on TV and thought it was hilarious that the two dogs were sharing spaghetti! Of course, each of the girl got a new book!




When Ava woke up she was so excited! We made homemade Valentines for all of her classmates and she decorated her Valentine's mailbox! She told me "thank you momma for making my Valentines so special. You are such a good momma!" I love that these simple gestures mean so much to her!!!

I think Aubrey's favorite part was the M&M's. We don't keep candy in the house so that was a treat! Harmony came over with some special Valentines, too. She made candy bouquets for the girls complete with balloons! She also made the girls Valentine's necklaces, bracelets and bought them light up heart rings which both girls have been wearing!


Gigi and I surprised Ava at her Valentines school party. Then Gigi stopped by to give the girls their gifts. Aubrey got a fun Sesame street toy and Ava got the new My Little Pony train.

Sweet friends Alex and Ava at school!


Momma got a special treat as well....tickets to the Cirque Du Soleil show!!! I have always wanted to go and can't w!ait until our date in March!!! I made Anthony his favorite steak dinner with green beans and cupcakes!

I know Valentine's is a man made holiday, but I love to have the opportunity to do something special for the ones I love!









No comments:

Post a Comment