November 22, 2011

Bye, Bye Purple Paci!

The dreaded day had finally arrived. We knew that shortly after Aubrey's 2nd birthday we would be getting rid of the purple paci. For some reason, she had grown very attached to the PURPLE paci. I am not sure why. We had already started weaning her paci use for naps and bedtime only. My plan was to have a party were we tied the paci to a balloon and sent it off. God had different plans. It was nap time and I couldn't find the paci anywhere. So I put her down for a nap. She didn't even ask about the paci and nap time went smoothly. But then came night night time. I put her in the crib and she asked "purple paci?" I told her that her purple paci went bye, bye. She said "bye, bye"? I told her yes and then I told her night night. She went to bed. She did not not wake up all night. I couldn't believe it! The next couple of nights she asked about it again. When I told her that the paci went night night, she just went to bed.

I never expected it to be this easy. Ava never used a paci, just her fingers which she continues to do until this day. What a champ! So grateful for the smooth transition. We have been without a paci for over a month and she never asks about it. What a biggie girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment