Last night we had a very LOUD thunderstorm. We are currently staying with my parents until we are ready to move into our new house. Typically if Ava gets scared, she will come into our room and lay with us, but she never came in so I assumed she was sleeping through the storm. My mom went to check on her last night and as she got ready to close her door (because she thought she was asleep), there was a loud boom from the thunder. Ava squealed with fear under her covers. My mom said "Ava, Gigi is here." Mom said that Ava jumped (literally) into her arms telling my mom that she was "so scared". When my mom embraced her, she noticed she had been sweating profusely. Mom asked Ava if she heard Aubrey crying. Ava replied "No, Aubrey is more brave than I am and so is Mr. Bay. I'm not brave Gigi".
There is something about that statement that makes me so emotional. Isn't it just so innocent and honest, but at the same time sad? My poor baby was just enduring her fear while in bed. To top it off, my mom asked Ava if she prayed to Jesus. Ava replied "I was too scared; I couldn't even pray".
I am definitely getting up to check on both my girls for any future thunderstorms. I don't want them to ever feel afraid or alone. My sweet baby girl.....so thankful my mom rescued her from her fears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment