April 24, 2010

Potty Party!

Last weekend I decided to try the dreaded potty training again while Anthony was out of town hunting. Instead of doing the rigid routine that I tried before, I decided to keep it simple this time. I put Ava in panties and let her have a couple of accidents. I explained to her that when she needs to go pee-pee she needs to go to the potty. We purchased a "froggy potty" at her request as she saw that this is what her friend Alex used. After a few accidents the first day, and a couple on day two, by george she got it! NO pee-pee accidents by the end of day two!!!!! I did bribe her with little animals from Target that she loves to play with. I put them in the "surprise" bag and let her close her eyes and pick out one each time she went into the potty. She has an entire zoo now! I am a firm believer to just wait until they are ready.....and its really no big deal!

To cap off her success, we celebrated with a "potty party" at Chuck-E-Cheese! She had never been there before and she LOVED it! The merry-go-round was her favorite. She rode it atleast 20 times. We told her that Chuck-E-Cheese made her  a special cheese pizza and she ate 2 1/2 pieces! This may not seem like a lot, but Ava is not a big eater......not even pizza! We also got her a chocolate cake that Chuck-E-Cheese delivered himself! GiGi came out to celebrate the big event and Aubrey had a blast watching all of the kids!

What a great day!

On our way to Chuck-E-Cheese.......cheesin!

On of the numerous times riding the merry go round!


Aubrey wanted to ride, too!

Riding with Chuck-E-Cheese!

Waiting on our chocolate cake.....

Sweetness.......she was so excited! The cake was hand delivered by Chuck-E-Cheese himself!

High five for a job well done! GiGi in the background celebrating!

1 comment:

  1. so so cute!! I love the pic of her seeing chuck e cheese!! priceless and precious!!! what a fun day!!!

    ReplyDelete